Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why Wedding Stationery Matters


Valerie on Wedding Stationery in 2011

Oh how wedding stationery has evolved. I was married only seven years ago and I can't believe the changes that have taken place. Gorgeous, tactile, exciting, elaborate changes!

We didn't do Save the Dates for our wedding, but I did have invitations that still hold a special place in my heart. I also had lovely programs and place cards, embossed labels for our favor tins, and some special manzanita branches with individual cards handing from them instead of a traditional guest book. I paid attention to the details of our wedding while remaining mostly on budget. I will admit that I had four different lipsticks and three pairs of shoes by the day of our wedding because I became increasingly indecisive about these personal style details!

Even though I thought I was into the details, now that our new custom albums are out there I can't believe all that I missed out on. I'm not that into dwelling on how things could have been different for my wedding because what mattered most was being married at the end of the day. And now I have a new found passion for helping our clients make something truly special for their weddings.

We have couples who want something entirely all their own and we have people that get the designs as they are shown in our album because it fits their wedding day style. No matter what category you fall into, we developed our albums to help everyone find the right stationery for their event.

As I endlessly peruse wedding blogs, there are many showing gorgeous stationery and others that do not. Nothing makes me cringe more then when I see every other detail of the day attended to and yet the stationery is lackluster. Of course it bothers me in large part because I am a custom stationer, but what I've learned about stationery over the years is that even the smallest paper details can make an impact. Sometimes it is the quote from your favorite author on the tag of a gift you are bestowing upon each guest, or it could be the special thank you to your parents and remembrance of a loved one you've lost too soon on your program.

The paper goods you create for your special day are the first tangible item a guest receives and one of the few things about your wedding that your guests can hold in their hands and get up close and personal with. From a save the date through the thank you note - the paper, colors, printing, design, and words - they all come together to help convey emotion and make a personal connection between you and your guests.

I hope you will review that lengthy list of must-haves for your wedding day and make sure you have your paper goods accounted for. I know we'd love to help you make them special!

1 comment:

amanda @ baci said...

Absolutely beautifully written! I could not agree more :o)