Monday, November 3, 2008

One of the reasons we work so hard...


I'm at home today due to illness, so I had a minute to check out some photos my husband (and lead press operator at Spark) uploaded to our family Flickr page over the weekend. This one caught my eye. This is our older daughter, Lily, who recently celebrated her third birthday.

We want to create the best future for her and Lucia, and part of doing so is dedicating ourselves to the work we do for our clients. Sometimes it means late nights and weekends to get a job out, and that means asking Lily to "be patient and color just a little bit longer while Daddy cleans the press." I'm sure many of you can relate. It's hard having your own business or a career that demands so much of your time, but hopefully some of our short-term sacrifices will have a long-term payout of some sort. A little time off, a bit more financial security, etc.

No comments: